Update 4: We have just consulted with the neurologist concerning the EEG. Lawson is being diagnosed with Benign Rolandic Epilepsy of Childhood (BRE). Although there are things to monitor, activities to be careful of, etc, we are very thankful that it isn’t something more serious. He should grow out of it sometime during his teenage years, but will continue to have seizures, although we don’t know how frequently or when they might occur. We know that many people suffer and go through much more than we have the last few days. We praise the Lord for good medical care, and for His protection for our son. Today we should move out of the ICU and remain in hospital for one more day before going home. We have received hundreds of emails, comments, and calls from people praying for Lawson, and we can not thank you enough. We have read many of them to Lawson and we are humbled from the outpouring of support.
Update 3: MRI & blood work are clear. Waiting on EEG results to determine type of epilepsy. Thank you for your prayers.
Update 2: Lawson had a second seizure, is stable in ICU, will do MRI in the morning. Thank you for praying.
Update 1: He just had his second seizure and is now in the ICU. Please continue to pray!
We are at the hospital with our oldest son, Lawson. Earlier today while we were driving down the highway, he suffered from a seizure, stopped breathing, and lost consciousness. We immediately pulled over and began calling for help. As we stood there holding him, we had no idea what was going on, or if he was going to begin breathing again. After a couple minutes, he began to breathe but remained unconscious until arriving to the hospital 25 minutes later.
Right now he is back to his normal goofy self, and acting as if nothing ever happened. We are in the hospital now getting tests done, and hope to know more by tomorrow. This is the first time anything like this has happened with him, so we aren’t sure if this is a one time thing, or the beginning of something more serious. We praise the Lord for His protection today, and we ask for your prayers that we would find answers soon.